A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Thursday 5 September 2013

Education is Key to Life: Leadership Skills for Everyone

Do you want to change your life? Perhaps you feel life is a boring routine, or maybe you constantly repeat patterns you wish you could break free from, or else you are stuck in poverty and have no idea how to break the cycle. Or perhaps you are working in a job you dislike and you never followed your true calling and there's no time to even think of planning a different future.

Well, you have made it through to the right door. This blog contains many topics that I hope will provide inspiration and strategies to a different future. I believe that education is key to change. And not only education that comes from memorising a set of facts at school, but education on basic life skills, which encompasses leadership skills. I have already blogged about concepts such as this in previous topics, and over the coming weeks I plan to focus on topics like assertiveness, conflict management, communication skills, defining your personal set of values, emotional intelligence and more. Many of these skills I learnt when I attended short courses at a management training college when I worked for a large organisation. Some of the topics I plan to blog about were reserved for upper echelons of management, yet when I learnt about them I thought, wow, I wish I had known some of these principles sooner as they help with life. Many people do learn about, for example, successful conflict management if they grow up in families where this is successfully modelled by the parents, but many other children grow up in families where conflict management means a physical beating or where it is avoided.

When you read about some of the skills you might think, that's so obvious, yet often many struggle to quantify these skills and seeing some of these principles simply stated makes it so much easier to put into practice. Something I have discovered is that often what seems simple to many, is the very key people have been searching for.

I have realised though that I may sometimes explain things differently to how others would explain them, so please mull over what I say and see if you can turn it around to fit your situation. Maybe I have already provided some keys earlier in this blog, or even in my first book which is easier to read than my blog--it's free to read at the moment on issuu, just look for the link on one of the pages on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Leadership skills are not there in everyone. It needs to be developed and for that hiring a professional is necessary. I am aware of a website deals in providing professionals who made business owners learn leadership skills so that they can manage their business and employees more effectively and can make your business gain success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justalyne, I believe the skills that many call "leadership skills" are skills that everyone can benefit from. They might never want to be a leader, but many of these skills are useful life skills. For example, assertiveness, negotiating skills, communication skills etc. I would especially like to help people who cannot afford to hire a professional and that is why I wish to make some of these skills available through my blog. I have written the first article in my series, on assertiveness, and I must become more focused and write more leadership skills focused articles at least once a week. Keep watching this blog and hopefully I'll get there (I have been completing my first fiction book and my focus has been elsewhere temporarily).

    ReplyDelete