A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Sunday 14 October 2012

On Being Profound

I once went to a church sermon where the Pastor said to his audience, listen to this next point, because it is profound. And he repeated himself by saying, really listen because what I am going to tell you is profound and it may change your life. And while we all stared at him, he shouted, listen to this next point because it is profound. And then he gave a wry smile and said, he has realised he often needs to point out that what he is saying is profound, or his words just go over people's heads. Why is this? Why do we need to be told something is profound? Why do we sometimes think something is profound if the media tells us it is profound? Perhaps there is too much information around, and perhaps everything people are saying is profound in some way, we have to find the parts that speak to each one of us?

I believe some of what I write may be profound, as it is what started me on my own journey. And I have never had anyone come back to me and say, wow, what you have written is profound as it makes people see the world in a whole new way. So, if I believe I can give you the keys to your own happiness, will that make what I write worthwhile to read, or do you need to be told by mass media that the message is profound? Do we need to know a book has been validated by numerous other people to be of value? A validated psychological principle is that people tend to like something if they hear other people saying, wow, and then popularity brings more popularity.
Only you will know which messages I write speak to your own journey. I hope some people find something profound to take away from my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment