A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Thursday 2 August 2012

The Journey Towards the Olympic Games

Have you been watching the Olympic Games? I watch each evening, but I am never sure which events will be screened. A couple of days ago I saw two women British rowers win a gold medal for Britain, the first gold medal British rowers have ever won--a small slice of history in the making--the names of those two rowers will always be down as the first ones, even though there may be many after them.

Each athlete is at the Games after experiencing his or her own individual battles and triumphs. For many, just being at the Olympic Games will be a feat they will always treasure, for others they might wish they had tried that millisecond faster to make the difference between gold and silver, or silver and bronze, or perhaps bronze or losing out on a medal completely. I watch and I see races unfold, but I do not know the journey behind each athlete's appearance and result. I know I am in awe that each individual has reached this amazing point in using their talents.

One athlete who I have been watching at the Olympic Games, as I know something of his hard, yet triumphant journey, is Oscar Pistorius. I have written about him previously on this blog, and you can find his story here: Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner. He (via his agency) allowed me to use his short story in my book, and did not once ask me for any payment, and I am so grateful to him. I will be watching out for his races this coming weekend, and I am sure many others will be watching him make Olympic history. Oscar, I pray for the best for you in this coming testimony, and God bless your ongoing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment