A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Monday 13 August 2012

What Will This New Day Bring?

I glance out the window. There is a thread of gold beading the grey cloud. It widens, glints, and then the sun shines through, spilling liquid gold. Grey flees in haste as morning celebrates. What will this new wondrous day bring? I could have written: I am sitting here shivering. It is still mostly dark and I have to get up and get the kids ready for school. Do I have to go into the office today? What will I be asked to do today? I am dreading it! Never underestimate the power of your thoughts! There is power in a positive mindset and seeing your world differently.


What does it mean to work? There is passion, and work that we love to do, and then there is sometimes drudge work, work we wish we wouldn't have to do. Think of an Olympic Athlete—when I do, I picture someone shining in a moment of brilliance, and that person is swimming or running and doing what he or she loves to do. Yet are there moments where that person thinks, oh no, do I have to run another boring old lap around the field? Or the person might hate the social limelight, and dread being called in for media interviews. Or as a writer, I might feel incredible lightness and joy when my fingers tap out an idea that is waiting for flight, and I am able to give voice to an expression of thought, then there are days when I sit with my head in my hands wishing I could put an article into words that someone else has asked me to write, or there are times when I have to push myself through yet another editing round of my book, and I would rather put it aside and say, enough, it will have to do (and this I have done, and perhaps my book could still do with another round of editing). Or I sit at my desk, thinking of how I had better get a day job because writing obviously does not pay, and what good is doing what I have always wanted to do when it is not getting me anywhere?
I believe if you can try to see a bigger purpose for what you are doing, and thereby influence your mindset, you will be much happier. If you are a garbage collector, you are responsible for keeping your country clean; if you photocopy educational documents for a living, you are helping to educate the youth. If you go to work and feel like you are not being appreciated, you may be wrong, and maybe someone is very grateful to have you about to ease his or her load, and to help society function. You are a necessary part of society, and the more you contribute, the more you fill the gap you should be filling.
Yes, you may have to go through routine that may seem to be quite boring at times. But if you didn't do it, who would? If we all had jobs that were just what we wanted to do, would we ever get real work done? Life is about balance, about making ends meet, but it is also about working towards living your dreams. And when you are able to put your dreams to use to make ends meet, then you will truly soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment