A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Sunday 17 February 2013

Unconditional Acceptance

Have you ever experienced moments when, on meeting someone, you instantly liked the person, yet you see much more potential that could be brought to the fore? Perhaps the person is a singer or a writer or a work colleague. For example, I have had people tell me to cut my hair in a different way, as they were convinced it would suit me. Well, maybe it would, but I am perfectly happy with my hair the way it is! Other people have wanted me to wear jewellery and have even given me jewellery as gifts, and I never wear these gifts, and I still prefer not wearing what I see as flashy jewellery.

I realise I have wanted to change others myself too, and I feel quite bad about this now. I heard a singer sing live, and I was awestruck at her voice and afterwards I gave her a few suggestions about songs she might consider singing, but I realised afterwards that she was probably perfectly happy with the songs she did sing, as that was the style she loved. I have learned a lesson in boundaries, and I will never do that again, especially as I now remember those times when people have tried to make me something other than I am.

Of course, a suggestion should be seen as merely a suggestion; it is a form of criticism, and it is up to the person whether they want to listen to the suggestion or not, but one should not force one's views of what improvement is, or what normality is, on someone else.

One may suggest, especially if one sees someone barrelling down a problem path, but never pressurise. Unconditional acceptance of someone as they are, without fear of judgement or prejudice, is a valuable skill to learn. Unconditional acceptance is also a healing tool, as it allows the person to find the path he or she might follow, and this leads towards self acceptance and self esteem and self identity.

From a faith perspective, I believe God loves people unconditionally. He does show people where they are  going wrong and what they might change, as He does not want sin, but He will still continue to love His lost sheep and try to draw them back on the righteous path again.

Link to related blog article:
Do You Know People You Run From? Is Change Possible? A Few Thoughts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment