A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Sunday 3 February 2013

Why Do I Say All Religions Don't Lead to the Same God

Have you heard the following argument? All religions lead to God, meaning if different people worship God, yet have different religious beliefs or faiths, aren't they all worshipping the same God? How can someone say he or she believes in the one true God, God who created the heavens and the earth, and everyone else who believes in a different version of God is wrong? Isn't it better to say, I may be right and you may be right too and no-one really knows for sure?

Firstly, it is a matter of faith. As a Christian, I believe in God, and I love the God whom I believe in. I don't hold doubts that I follow the one true God. I may sometimes hold doubts about whether or not God really exists, which wobbles my faith, but my doubts are extinguished as I grow in faith and walk closer with God. If I didn't truly believe from my heart that God as I know him is the way to eternal life, I wouldn't be a Christian.

Secondly, the statements I have made mean I believe I have found the true path. Another person is fully entitled to honouring his or her own belief in a different God. I can't say someone else is wrong, I can only say I believe in my God.

Thirdly, there is a difference in God between different religions. As an example, Christians have a specific view of Jesus as given in the New Testament of the Bible, and this view is different to the view Muslims have of Jesus, as well as the view that Jewish people hold. Christians believe Jesus is the Son of God, and that He was born as a human baby of the virgin Mary, and that He was crucified and died on a cross, but that He rose again after 3 days, and that by following Jesus, He leads us as the only true way to the Father in Heaven. Because of these differences, there is a difference in God between religions.

Fourthly, to add additional complexity, the Christian faith comprises many different denominations, yet I see these all as one faith. One could say the denominations form different faiths or even different religions, but for the sake of simplicity I will stick to the term different denominations within the Christian faith, for example, Seventh Day Adventist, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Anglican et al. The different denominations hold different views on a variety of Bible topics, for example, some Christian denominations will honour the seventh day as the Sabbath, and many others do not. Some will say the Ten Commandments should still be followed, others may say they have been done away with, though of course are a good moral code to adhere to. So, even as a Christian, there are a myriad of differences to sift through, and which version is right? For me, that has been the complicating question and I have searched for truth, but I follow Jesus as per the gospels and trust He will lead me to the correct version of God the Father.

"If it seems evil to you to serve Yahweh, choose this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh."" Joshua 24:15 WEB

No comments:

Post a Comment